Sunday, October 26, 2008

hair cuts and hair dye

Yesterday was one of those special days that can only really happen in college dorms... My friend down the hall and I, after several weeks of deliberating, decided to dye our hair. Both of us come from fairly conservative areas of the country and have wanted to do this for sometime but haven't really felt it was appropriate to do at home. So, we each bought some crazy-coloured hairdye: hers fuchsia and mine violet, crowded into the bathroom with about ten other people and dyed our hair. Ian came down from his dorm and expertly bleached and purpled streaks into my under layers while Casey dyed Lauren's underlayer bright, bright fuchsia. We managed to only dye a little bit of the floor and a little bit of my face. So, in a typically collegiate manner, Lauren and I have new hair. Observe the loveliness:














When I put my hair down, you can hardly see it at all... And thus continues the duality of me.

In the haircut vein of things, last night I gave my neighbor a haircut. This also occured in the bathroom only this time it was saturday night and we were all much more mellow. The haircut turned out pretty nice (we have very similar hair and I cut my own frequently, so it wasn't too difficult) and sitting around in the bathroom lead to some fascinating conversations amongst all of us.

Moral of the stories: mess with your hair, it will improve your social life.

1 comment:

Spencer Campbell said...

So, recently, I have found a number of girls with very lovely, often long hair. Cutting it and having short hair came up. Because you are my favorite, I brought you up and you experience with shaving your cascading flow of luscious dark hair. Many of the girls responded that they just could not imagine cutting their hair short, even shortish, let alone shaving it. Some of them I can not see with short hair, but some seem like they would look quite nice with it. Quoting specifically that they hide behind and identify by their hair.

I have come to the conclusion, once again, that you are one of the most spectacular and free people I have had the pleasure of loving. At the time, I just thought it was cool that you shaved your head and I supported you. Now, I better understand why you did it and respect you even more for doing so.