Thursday, December 4, 2008

forsooth!

The sun is shining, friends and there's not a cloud in the sky.   It's like home.  It's so easy for me to take it for granted that there will be about seventeen days just like this one before it gets cloudy and cold and drizzly again.  Even though it looks warm, its freezing, though, so I took advantage of the sun and went for a run.  It was beautiful and even though I am truly the worst runner in the world.  I also did some yoga on the soggy football field which was really lovely.  Yoga is great anywhere but it's twenty times more enjoyable in the sun.  

I'm working on a paper about Frankenstein and "Rime of the Ancient Mariner." "Rime" is one of my favourite poems, so I have things to say about it.  That's always a good feeling.  I've been doing alright with my writing up here which is a relief since I see a lot of my friends struggling.  It makes me really glad that I took composition at the community college last year.  I got the same grade (88%) on all of my essays for Islam.  Being that close to (and yet so far from) an A is a little bit painful, but at the same time, I am grateful that I've been doing that well also (I have a little bit of a relativity problem with grades).  My grades in general have been pretty solid.  I expect As and Bs, and I also plan on this having been my most relaxed semester; I plan on as many As as possible in the future.  

I think I'm finding a solid core group of friends.  Last night, one of them, Casey, who is a mind-blowingly awesome person, read to me out of her journal something like "doing something with [college] friends. And the bracketed word is slowly fading."  That describes it better than anything I could have said.  It's really good to have people with whom I am truly finally becoming comfortable.  

Finals are looming nigh.  I am nervous for the potential stress of it, but I feel very certain that I know what I need to do to get ready.  It's going to be a lot of work, but I know how to prepare.  That's a nice feeling.  Midterms were pretty stressful because of their newness.  Also, the reward for finals is getting to go home for a month.  I'm really looking forward to it, but after the last few days, I know it's actually going to be a little bit difficult to leave this other home.  There's something just so right about the way things are.

No comments: