Thursday, February 5, 2009

intense summer

I just got what I hope will be the first of several acceptance letters to summer Arabic intensives!  They have offered to cover half of my tuition with scholarships, which is absolutely fantastic.  The only downside is that the school is located in pretty much the middle of nowhere.  While this would cut down on my potential distractions and could actually be really great, it messes up my plans to be near friends for the summer.  There are worse things, though.  If I go here, I will be able to go to most of Lollapalooza, which would be FANTASTIC.  I will still apply to other schools, but this seems like maybe the place that I will go, unless I get into the one school that is my top choice.  Still, this is really good news, from an academic and social perspective.  The plans I am making are coming into a place that seems focused and fulfilling.  

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You are amazing. I am so glad that you are going to do this.