Thursday, June 4, 2009

cooking over the fire

had a lovely lovely camping trip with joshy.  he forgot the stove, though, so we ended up cooking over an open fire, which was a first.  it was rather fun, though.  we found a nicely isolated campsite in a campground in the mountains.  incidentally, it was in bear territory so we had to put our food in a bear box, and joshy brought an airhorn to scare away any bears we might run across.  we didn't see any bears, though, and on the last day, we decided to try it out since we hadn't needed it, and it turned out it didn't work.  so, it was perfectly alright with me that we didn't see any bears. 

today was ruby's goodbye breakfast.  she leaves tomorrow for london for a year.  I woke up early to get there in time, which wasn't much fun. and then I found a dead mouse drowned in my toilet.  I didn't know what to do and it wouldn't flush down...  I was afraid I'd have to get the plunger and, then what?  I don't know.  but, it turned out that it just needed a good long flush to get rid of it.  seriously, though, I have no idea how it got in there.  and that's not something to wake up to in the morning.  

leaving for summer of arabic in one week.  we're going down to the city to an art opening for my mother, spending the night, and then I'll be flying off.  I started packing this morning.  dylan came over and read me my packing list and I threw things an a duffel.  then we sat around showing each other the facebook pictures of cute boys and girls we'd met at college this year.  I adore that kid.  we had a good time, and we found this.  and it made me wish there was more drag king culture in the world.  

No comments: