Thursday, May 21, 2009

inside, inside, inside

It's been raining on and off here since I got back from my little road trip.  It's lovely... it reminds me of the big city, but the smell is different here because the pavement is drier when the water hits it.  rain in the desert is the most beautifully unique smell.  it's glorious.  last night, when I got home I just went out on the back patio and just sat under the stars.  it was so so beautiful.  the stars in the big city hide in the pink sky too often and when they do come out, they're very dim.  they seem closer here.  

I'm in the middle of buying my textbooks for next semester off the internet.  Also an Arabic-English Dictionary and hopefully I can figure out what textbook I need for the summer... and maybe a little treat for myself?  I'm looking for a super cheap copy of The Unbearable Lightness of Being...  we'll see what I find.  Buying textbooks is painful.  They're so expensive, I hate it. But it's the one college expense I have to handle by myself, so I guess that's alright.  

Speaking of expenses, I am looking at trying to get a job spring semester.  Economy, please improve so that I can find employment in eight months. okay? okay.

long distance movie date was mostly wonderful.  technology was not on our side, so we had to scrape a solution together, but it worked out very nicely.  About a Boy is a wonderful movie. we had some good talking time, too. I miss that kid so much.  

No comments: