Thursday, May 28, 2009

keeping busy, keeping one step ahead of boredom

I haven't been truly bored in a long, long time.  Years, maybe.  I refuse to start now.  In retrospect, though, I could probably do with a little bit of slowing down.  I haven't taken much time to sit still since january, really.  

Monday may be the time to start.  Joshy and I are going camping on Monday.  I'm very very excited.  We're meeting in the middle.  Four hours of driving each, then driving out into the mountains for three days, two nights.  It's bound to be good.  We've never spent so much time alone together.  Or that much time together with no breaks.  I'm really looking forward to being outside, being together, getting a chance to slow down... 

I've done so much driving in the last four days.  I'm ready to sit still.  Tomorrow, I'm having tea with my two favourite teachers from high school.  I'm looking forward to it for sure.  I've changed a lot since high school, but I think they'll be excited to hear about it and I'm really excited to spend some quality time with adults.  

Also, Manda's leaving for two and a half months.  Not cool.  

1 comment:

lauren said...

I'm so excited to hear about your camping trip :) It sounds so wonderful.

AND PLEASE LEAVE ME VOICEMAILS! Any time, please! And I'll leave some back! I miss you so much it's not funny. Rawwwr!